Image Map

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Made by Me Monday #11: White Vases!

I have been doing some work on the house this week (in the small amount of spare time that I have) and I've been trying to de-clutter. Our living room has dark floors, dark furniture, sort of dark walls, and the only light thing in the room is the rug and only about half of it shows. Needless to say, I need to brighten our space up!!

We have a bookshelf in our living room that was sort of becoming a catch-all for my crafts and Eric's hobbies as well. I decided that the bookshelf would be my first adventure in de-cluttering. Here is how I did it! (Sorry for the bad pictures...I have had to resort to using my cell phone for pics...)

For this project, you will need:
1) As many glass vases as you need or want that are different shapes and sizes (I got mine at Value Village)
2) White Paint

Step 1) Wash your vases and make sure all of the dirt is out of them! You dont want to see any of the dirt after you put the paint in there!

Step 2) After all your vases are washed and dried, put a fairly large amount of white paint inside the one with the smallest opening.


Step 3) Swirl the paint around the inside of the vase until the whole inside of the vase is covered. Make sure you get the paint all the way up to the rim.

Step 4) Since we used the vase with the smallest opening first, we can now pour the leftover paint from that vase into the vase with the next smallest opening. When all the leftover paint has drained out of your first vase, make sure the wipe the edge of the opening clean so that it looks nice!

Step 5) Keep going until you are done with all your vases. Make sure you go in order of smallest to largest opening. This will make your life much easier!*Dont forget to keep wiping the edges of the openings!*

Step 6) Let them dry and arrange them in the way that you love!

BEFORE:


AFTER:


I love how much more simple it looks now and it looks less cluttery because all the vases are the same color and thats pretty much the only thing on there.

Here is a close-up of the vases:





**DON'T FORGET TO ASK YOU QUESTIONS FOR THIS THURSDAY!! CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS**


 photo TheWellCraftedHome_zps26a4d5c3.png
****Just a reminder that Google Friend Connect is going to be discontinued!! If you would like to continue following my blog, you can do so by joining BlogLovin! {It's awesome!} You can click here to find my blog****

1 comment:

  1. These turned out great! They make an awesome collection when they're all the same colour. So glad you linked up at Etcetorize this week~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for responding to my post! I would love to hear your feedback!