Image Map

Monday, April 2, 2012

Thread Wrapped Easter Eggs

Day #2:

So with all the Easter ideas I have coming up this week I thought I would show you guys one of my own Easter projects! I made some thread wrapped Easter eggs!

I started off with the following materials:
  1. Plastic Easter Eggs
  2. Thread that I found at a garage sale for 25 cents a piece
  3. Mod Podge
  4. Cheap Paint Brushes

Step 1 - I painted the top and bottom of the plastic Easter eggs with a layer of Mod Podge.

Step 2 - I started wrapping the thread around the egg from top to bottom. Stopping every once in a while to put a new layer of Mod Podge on the top and bottom.


Step 3 - Keep wrapping and adding layers of mod podge to the top and the bottom of the egg until the whole egg is covered by the thread.

Step 4 - Place them in a jar and use them for decoration!


**Here is the picture that my husband wanted me to post...we dont even have kids yet...he just wants to show off his GI Joe that we found at the garage sale! :)**



 photo TheWellCraftedHome_zps26a4d5c3.png

3 comments:

  1. The eggs look pretty - so much nicer than plain plastic. I think we have some vintage Joes around our house. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband would be so happy to hear that! :) He has been watching too many episodes of Storage Hunters!

      Delete
  2. So neat that you found thread at a garage sale in exactly the right colours, and I like the texture that it gives the eggs. Thanks so much for sharing at Etcetorize~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for responding to my post! I would love to hear your feedback!