Image Map

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Well Crafted Wednesday #11! {Link Party!}

I am a VERY amateur sewer (is that a word?) and I have an interesting question for everyone this week:

When creating clothing items for yourself, do you really NEED a serger or can you make great clothes with just a sewing machine?

I want to start making some cute bags and clothes for myself and I need a little advice :)

Anyways, here are the features from last weeks party!
4) Rustoleum Furniture Transformation from Lets Get Crafty!

If you were featured above, please grab the button below! :)

The Well Crafted Home

If you are new to the party, welcome!!! I am so excited to have you! The more the merrier so please spread the word!



PARTY RULES ***PLEASE READ***

1: Please follow my blog!
2: Please grab my button bellow!
3: Please no giveaways or link parties!
4: Please visit your fellow party attendees! We all love comments :)

PLEASE GRAB THE BUTTON BELOW AND LETS PARTY!!

The Well Crafted Home




 photo TheWellCraftedHome_zps26a4d5c3.png
****Just a reminder that Google Friend Connect is going to be discontinued!! If you would like to continue following my blog, you can do so by joining BlogLovin! {It's awesome!} You can click here to find my blog****

8 comments:

  1. Great question. I don't have a serger either. I think there are ways around it, especially if you are new to sewing. I think, you can sometimes use a zig zag. Interested in hearing what other people have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for featuring my organizer from toilet paper rolls!
    And thanks for hosting!
    Have a wonderful day!!!

    Greetings from Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks for the features! I am definitely not a professional sewer either (I think that's a word...or maybe seamstress?) but I have made my own clothes without a serger and it has all worked out just fine. I think Amy is right, you can just use a zig zag stitch, or if your machine has it, a triple zig zag. When I feel the need to serge my edges I either use the stitch that looks like flat-topped mountains...dunno what it's called, or I use the triple zig zag and both work great for me. But you can also just get some Fray Check if you're just worried about the raw edges unraveling and not so worried about the look of the raw edges. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jessi! This is such an awesome response! Do you think that a Triple Zig-Zag Stretch Stitch would work?

      Delete
  4. Thanks for hosting and good question! I've just recently started sewing as well. Loving Jessi W's advice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not much of a sewer. I do like to cook so I linked up a chicken recipe. I am a new linky follower and would love you to link up some time to my linky party called The Gathering Spot. Hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am new to link parties. I hope I did it right. I don't know much about sewing, but I do know I really like your blog. Thanks for hosting the link party!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for hosting. I hope you have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for responding to my post! I would love to hear your feedback!